I trailed one of the blogs I visit and found a versatile tag she had done and tagged me. I didn’t know about it as she didnt tell me she had done that so thank you Sogie.
I started the blog summer of last year and have gotten a few blog awards from fellow bloggers and for me that’s what makes peer themed blog award fun. I mean, we are busy finding ways to make our own blogs better, keep up with posts and comments and ofcourse deal with spam contents but still make out time to visit other blogs.
There are a gazillion blog sites all over the world and it’s quite interesting visiting most of them and viewing their contents. I really only started searching fashion blogs when I made up my mind to loose my b-girl status. Most of these fashion blogs are all about the hottest Louboutin heels, the trendiest Gucci purse, the funkiest Michael Kors wristwatch, Burberry coats and well, you get the point. Now don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against designer labels, hell no, I love them but hey we can’t afford them and I’m too much of a thrifty cheapskate to spend 1000€ on a purse. So that ended my fashion blog trails. However, I did find a blogger who shares photos of outfits you can easily afford. I’m certain if I search deeper, I will find more.
So onto these blogs, it’s fun checking them out and seeing the versatility of the topics, and a ton of them keep you glued with all the colors from photos and all.
Now the versatile blogger award is used to identify blogs with great contents, great quality writing, amazing photos and the ability to keep readers entertained.
I do feel a tad bit unworthy of this award as my photography skills are not exactly top notch and my contents are not all that great but hey, I got selected so I’m doing it…..versatile after all I do believe I am…errr yes.
So, the rules are simple. *Show gratitude to the blogger who selected you. *select 15 blogs that you have recently discovered. *share 7 things about yourself.
So, most of the awards I did were exactly the same but hey, what do you expect abi? So here are 7 more facts about me.
1. I’m easily misconstrued. Yeah, I’ve lost quite a few friends cos for some reason, my mentality is a bit too much for them to handle. Which I really don’t fault them for this. I am versatile after all abi? Lol
2. I am totally clueless when it comes to fashion. Jeans and a tee is all I need. That’s all changing this year.
3. I’m afraid of roaches. I used to go insane at the sight. Now I go insane and swat them after bouts of shrieks.
4. I hate when people who know Gorgeousness personally, still say : “your husband ”
5. I’m a sucker for shoes.
6. A European adult that can’t read upsets me. Judgemental ich weiß aber ist wahr.
7. I’ve once worked as a front desk receptionist at a small dingy hotel and hated every minute of it. I also worked as a telemarketer and that was just as bad. I once called a client who’s wife called me “husband snatcher”. Another told me to stop being an idiot and find a decent job. Yeah, I quit after two months. I have no patience for rude people and was going to loose my job anyways with the subtle come backs I usually responded with.
So I haven’t discovered 15 new blogs but I def have to say that Ola has amazing photography skills. I especially love her Mango Tree Restaurant Review and her Skincare And Beauty Secrets post….just check her out if you can, she’s a beautiful blogger. Yes I go on and on about her in every award post but yeah, she’s that amazing. She inspired me to try photography.
Clara is an incredible writer and she def has a lot to tell from her travels to the books she’s read…let’s not forget she speaks French, Yoruba, a bit of Italian I think and now learning Deutsch.
Nitty Gritty is very entertaining indeed. She basically chronicles her life in the US of A in the eyes of a Nigerian woman so a lot of hilarious moments.
Ola from Thebeautblogger I recently discovered from Ola( not typo…same name lol) and I’m always checking her out for new contents. Stalker much? Her post on “1 Tip Before Sharing Your Vision” is extremely cool and she is totally versatile.
Ladeutschediva I also found via instagram and the reason I am a huge fan is that she blogs in German. She’s a foreigner as well and as clichéd as it sounds, I do relate and I’m glad I found her cos she makes me practice my little Deutsch.
I also found Bree L on quirkybrownlove. She is definitely versatile and boy has she got a very colorful blog. She came up with this brilliant idea to feature exceptional relationships, the kind you just might not see in the media. The kind that is definitely worth telling. Her interviews are interesting and gives you a good look into what real life truly is.
That’s it for the day folks. Next week, class continues and I’m totally eager to go on with my lessons. Have a wonderful weekend Leute.